Friday, September 6, 2013

Black & White Modern Mid Century Living Room

I have a fascination with black and white. No matter how many times I try to move away from it in design it comes back with another layer I just can't resist. A new fascination has been Mid Century furniture. I am in the process of a spring collection that will consist of only Mid Century restored pieces that will be like candy to the beholder. Until I am finished I just can't stop thinking of ways to use the pieces in design. So I thought I would blend the two obsessions.

Todays board is a fresh, clean, fun yet sophisticated design. Having 3 kiddos I will likely not be able to pull this design off in my own home but a girl can dream can't she? Mid-Century design tends to have a little bit of curve which is what draws me to it but also retains a very simple clean line.
As you can see I played in the texture area and gave you tufted, chevron and stripe. Its bold but what would life be like without a little bit of bold living.

Don't be afraid to venture into bold design because it can be very fun and I can guarantee your living room won't look the same as your friends. My post would not be complete without pointing out that you don't have to buy brand new Mid Century pieces. You can find these at flea markets, estate sales and yes likely thrift stores. If your a die hard restorer and like to put your hand to the plow and create, I dare you to scout a piece and get to work restoring it to a focal piece in your house.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code